Last semester I had a grand total of 1 hour gap between my classes in the entire week.
“Ohh man,” I said. “No time to eat lunch,” I said.
“My life is so hard.”
“WHY do I have so many classes back to back?”
“I NEVER GET TO GO INSIDE THE CAFE. Poor me!”
Ohh how I wish I could go back to those days…. See, this semester the little elves that sit inside my computer and compile my schedule must’ve heard my whining and decided to teach me a lesson. Now I have 4 three-hour-breaks scattered throughout the week. Mondays have a grand total of 6 hours break.
“Hello lunch break….” (Can you tell how excited I am?)
“Hello Cafe…” (***Breaks down in tears***)
“WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?”
Anyways, I guess I can use the extra time on campus to my advantage. It’ll be challenging not fooling around with my friends the entire time, but if I put my mind to it, I can get a lot done. So here’s my list of things that I’ll try to do on campus this year. Maybe if you have a lot of gaps, you could try some of these too:
1) Take advantage of the awesome nature around UTM. I’d like to discover some of the trails and maybe take some photos once the snow clears up.
2) Go to the gym…Despite my instinct to burrow in my bed and hibernate through winter, getting some exercise would probably be a good idea.
3) Get to know some professors. That’s probably the one thing I wish I’d done more of first semester, and now that I have the extra time, might as well visit some office hours.
4) Make some new friends! I’ve made many awesome friends so far, but it never hurts to meet new people!
5) Help someone out. Now that I’ve got a whole semester under my belt, I can help people out who are going through the same courses now. I’m so grateful to those who did that for me when I started out, and I want to return the favour!
Anyways, that’s what I’m going to be doing during my breaks, and I hope I gave you some ideas too. If there’s anything fun that you do during your breaks, let me know in the comments. 🙂